Whether you enjoy time at home, stay overnight in a new place, travel on public transport, take pub lunches, go for extended walks or laze away on the beach there are things to be considered to ensure your dog has fun, is safe and has everything needed.
Here are some things to consider ahead of time:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1) Think of the car journey and how your dog will cope. Remember to plan comfort stops and keep them cool and hydrated. 🚗⠀⠀
Travel bowls are ideal to avoid breakages and take up less room.
To Eat – Tagged "Bowls"– www.leathernoses.co.uk ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2) Check any accommodation is suitable for your dog. Does the property have an enclosed garden? Can you easily let the dog out if staying in a hotel? Can the dog eat with you at meal times? 🏡⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3) Plan your activities ahead of time. Research the dog friendly locations and places to eat so you don't end up wasting time and getting stressed during your break away. 🏖 🏰 🌲 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4) Don't run out of supplies. It's not always easy to find the healthy food and treats you give regularly. Your dog's stomach will not easily handle a change in food.🥩 🦴⠀
Leather Noses has lots of healthy snack and treats that will get those tails wagging and add to the excitement of the getaway To Eat – www.leathernoses.co.uk⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5) Ensure you have the details of a local vet just in case. Hopefully you will have nothing but fun and adventures but should something go wrong, be prepared so you can act fast. 🩺 🏥⠀⠀⠀
Consider taking a portable first aid kit with you for those minor incidents or to stabilise your pet on the journey to the vets.
Alcott Adventure First Aid Kit – www.leathernoses.co.uk⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
6) Make sure your dog is safe. Although the property may say it's dog friendly check that there aren't any obvious obstructions or dangers such as sharp fencing or plants that are poisonous. We all eat a few more treats when we let our hair down and relax, enjoy! Be mindful however you or the children do not to leave the snacks laying around that are harmful to your pups 🍫
Have fun and make lots of memories to cherish. We hope you share some of your pictures with us 📸 @leathernoses 🦮🐩🐕🦺⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Whatever you do please, please pick up your dog's poop! Don't ruin it for everyone else.
Products – Tagged "Poo Bag Holder"– www.leathernoses.co.uk